A variety of Multi-language extensions have been introduced by Magento 2, due to this desire to reach international customers, which prove to be of great help for any business seeking to expand internationally. Because in the age of globalization, there is an undoubtedly increase in the need of breaking down the language barriers for businesses in order to reach customers internationally.
I. Why Does Business Need Multi-language Extensions?
First of all, if a business wants to expand their scale to the international one, they will need to switch their website or online store to the language of the nation they want to market.
Besides that, they also need to localize because if they only translate words into words, it may be unattractive for potential customers.
The last one is all about the currency, it is undeniable that companies must change the currency in order to create a pleasant experience for customers when purchasing without any annoyance because of the inappropriate currency unit.
All of those needs mentioned above are satisfied by Magento 2 Multi-Language Extensions.
II. How To Configure Magento 2 Multi-language Store?
2.1 Step 1: Download A Language Pack
First of all, you need to go to get an extension from the Ecommerce Marketplace to find a suitable language pack (there are several options recommended in this blog that you can consider).
Then, make certain that the repo.magento.com repository exists in your composer.json file.
Don’t forget to Update the composer.json file in your Magento project with the name and version of the extension:
- Navigate to your Magento project directory and update your composer.json file.
- Enter your authentication keys. Your public key is your username; your private key is your password.
- Wait for Composer to finish updating your project dependencies.
Next, verify the extensions to check whether it is installed properly or not by running the command: bin/magento module: status J2t_Payplug
Enable the extension:
- Enable the extension and clear static view files.
- Register the extension.
- Recompile Magento project.
- Verify the extension is enabled.
- Clean the cache.
- Configure the extension in Admin as needed.
2.2 Step 2: Add A Store View
For each language, we need to augment a specific store view by setting up the frontend:
- On the Admin sidebar, go to Stores > Settings > All Stores.
- Click Create Store View.
- Set the options for the new store view:
- Store — Select the store that is the parent of the view.
- Name — Add a name for the store view.
In the header of the store, the name appears in the language chosen.
- Code — Insert a Code in lowercase characters to identify the view.
- Status — To activate the view, set to Enabled.
- Sort Order — (Optional) Enter a number to determine the sequence in which this view is listed with other views.
- Once complete, click Save Store View.
2.3 Step 3: Change The Locale Of The Store View With Multi-Language Extensions
- On the Admin sidebar, go to Stores -> Settings -> Configuration.
- In the upper-left corner, set Store View to the particular view in which the configuration is to apply.
- When prompted to confirm scope switching, click OK.
- Expand the Locale Options section.
- Clear the Use Website checkbox after the Locale field and set Locale to the language that you want to ascribe to the view.
- When complete, click Save Config.
2.4 Step 4: Change The Product Descriptions And Categories
- Get to Catalog menu
- Opt fpr manage products
- Search for products and click edit
- In the menu that opens, choose the view from the menu Choose Store View
- Click Save or Save and continue Edit button.
Step 5: Set Up Multiple Currencies In Magento 2 Multi-Language Extensions
This step is to help your customers easily check the price in their own country’s currency, which in turn facilitates the process of checkout.
- Go to store, then click settings, configuration and general
- Navigate to currency setup
- Change the default config in the section current configuration scope
- Fill out required field and click save configuration
III.Top 10 Selective Multi-language Extensions
These top 10 multi-language extensions are carefully selected based on some criteria: the functions it serves, feedback from customers, and price.
Magento 2 Currency Switcher
Magento 2 Currency Switcher is able to:
Track customer’s IP address to switch the price of products and the product description into the customer’s local currency and native language.
Identifies and redirects visitors to the respective URL and stores in their native language depending on the Geo IP address data.
Some outstanding features:
In terms of supporting after purchase, customers are offered plenty of benefits:
Geoip Redirect For Magento 2
There are many unique features of this GeoIP such as:
Magento 2 Language Packs
Magento 2 language packs provide customers with:
Drawback of this extension:
Magento 2 MOB multi-language extension
This is an add-on version of module Odoo bridge for Magento:
There is, however, also a drawback:
Store And Currency Auto Switcher for Magento 2
The extension is equipped with a number of features that let you efficiently optimize the way Currency Switching is processed. With the module you can:
Language translator for Magento 2
A language translator for Magento is a Google translate module:
Drawbacks of this module:
Magento 2 Auto Switch Language And Currency
Thanks to the Auto Switch Language and Currency extension, store owners in the e-commerce market can convert their website into the international version which is compatible with customers all over the world. Like many other extensions, this plugin also has many features:
Besides the similarity, this one also serves store owners with a number of incredible features such as:
Magento 2 Multi Store View Switcher
This extension offers the customers a variety of features including:
Magento 2 Multi Translate
The major drawback of many other multi-language extensions is that they require multiple views and time-consuming installations. With Magento 2 multi-translation, users can:
Magento 2 Store Switcher
Magento 2 Store Switcher by Mageplaza instructs global visitors of eCommerce stores to reach localized stores with domain languages and currencies. What is more, there are some other features encouraging purchasing from international customers such as:
All these outstanding features bring customers the best experience, thus resulting in a significant increase in the overall turnover.
One interesting thing is that once purchasing, you can get:
In conclusion, Multi-language plays a crucial part in expanding business internationally by surmounting the language barriers. As a result, the extensions help increase traffic and sales, gain customer loyalty and publicize their business to global customers.
If you are in the market for multi-language extensions, go for one of Magento 2 multi-language extensions above to experience them, then you will definitely take a lot of pleasure.
However, it is still dependent on your criteria, objectives, and detailed understanding of the options mentioned above to choose the right Multi-language Extension for your business.
Our big thanks go out to every vendor that has made this Best Magento 2 Multi-language Extensions list! This is the most comprehensive list of the Best Multi-language Extensions on the Internet and it’s our honor to have you as part of this!
If you want to add or remove any item in this list, feel free to submit your extension at Submit form.
Thank you and stay safe!