Before going to the details of using COD payment method in Magento 2 Cash On Delivery Fee, let’s answer some questions first: what’s cash on delivery, why customers prefer this payment method and how it works.
Table of Contents
What’s Cash On Delivery?
Cash On Delivery or pay cash on delivery is one of popular payment methods provided by online shopping stores. This payment method allows customers to receive and check ordered products before make payment. They can pay for their orders at the time of delivery.
Why do customers like COD payment method?
- No access to digital payment methods
- Risk of online transaction information leak
- Fear of poor-quality products
- Suspicion of some unrealiable online sellers
How it works?
- Customers place orders on website. Their postal address will be given when they request for delivery.
- Sellers/suppliers prepare invoices for placed orders and contact logistics companies or shipping carriers to deliver shipments to provided addresses.
- Shippers will deliver the products to customers and receive cash from them at the time of delivery.
- After getting COD amount, logistics companies will deduct the share of postage and handling charges, then send the rest of money to sellers/suppliers.
Landofcoder Magento 2 Cash On Delivery Extra Fee will be a must-have solution for your Magento 2 online store. Cash on Delivery payment method drives much more traffic to your website and gives customers a sense of trust. To optimize cash on delivery payment method for your eCommerce website, in this blog, we’ll show you how to use this Cash On Delivery in Magento 2.
1. How to configure Cash On Delivery payment method in Magento 2
In the backend, go to ‘Stores‘ -> ‘Configuration‘, choose ‘Payment Methods‘, you will find the tab of ‘Cash On Delivery Payment Method‘. The admin can configure:
- Enable this Payment Method
- Payment Method Title
- Cash on Delivery Amount Title
- Minimum Order Total
- Maximum Order Total
- Cash On Delivery Description
- Payment from Applicable Countries
- Payment from Specific Countries
It’s super easy to enable cash on delivery payment method, name the title for cod payment method and cod amount to be displayed on the frontend. Also, store owners can enable or restrict cash on delivery payment method for regions by allowing cod payment from all countries or specific countries. By this way, you can disable cash on delivery payment method for locations that are incovenient for delivery.
After setting all fields, don’t forget to ‘Save Config‘ and refresh all cache types.
2. How to create a new pricerules for Cash on Delivery
With Magento 2 Cash On Delivery Extension, you can create unlimited cash on delivery rules with different conditions. In the backend, after clicking on ‘Landofcoder‘, you will see a menu for ‘Cash On Delivery Manager‘, choose ‘Cash On Delivery Rates‘ to creat a new pricerules.
In ‘Cash on Delivery Rates Manager‘, you can view or edit any existing pricerules with ease. Beside ‘Add New Pricerules‘, the admin is enabled ‘Upload Pricerules‘ and ‘Export Pricerule to CSV‘ to save time and effort.
- Country code
- Region code
- Is Range
- Zip from/to
- Zip code
- Price type (fixed / percentage)
- Weight from/to
- Estimated Delivery Time
One outstanding feature is that store owner can apply cash on delivery fee for certain zip codes. By setting from zip A to zip B or adding specific zip code, you can narrow this payment method at inconvenient locations for shipping. What’s more? The admin can set cash on delivery rates at fixed or percent amount of the cart subtotal. This extra fee will be charged when customers choose pay on delivery and cash on delivery payment method is available on the items.
3. How to enable Cash on Delivery for a product
Please reach out ‘Products‘ from ‘Catalog‘ in the backend. Select a created product from the product list and click on ‘Edit‘. Choose ‘Yes‘ in ‘Cash On Delivery‘ to enable this payment method for the item.
After saving the change, you can check this product from ‘Cash On Delivery Products’ where you can manage any items that are enabled with cod payment method.
4. How customers check COD availability and extra charge
When a visitor or customer enter a zip code into the check box to check cash on delivery availability for a product, two situations will happen.
- Available COD Payment Method
2. Unavailable COD Payment Method
Apart from product pages, customers also can check cash on delivery availability and extra fee at the checkout page. When customers choose Cash On Delivery as the payment method, they will get a proper message that notify cod availability or unavailability.
If cash on delivery payment method is applied for this product, customers will see the extra fee instantly in ‘Order Summary‘ box.
When the order is placed, the admin can check it or other similar orders in ‘Cash On Delivery Orders‘.
Correspondingly, customers can easily track cash on delivery details from their orders.
5. Full video guides for Magento 2 Cash On Delivery Extension Pro
With this guides, we hope that you can use Magento 2 Cash On Delivery Extra Fee flexibly and effectively. Feel free to contact and ask if you have any question about ‘how to use’ this module.
5 Recommended Magento 2 Cash On Delivery Fee in 2019
- Landofcoder Magento 2 Cash On Delivery Extra Fee | $99
- Amasty Cash on Delivery for Magento 2 | $99
- Magedelight Delivery Availability Checker for Magento 2 | $129
- Emipro Cash On Delivery – Extra Charges For Magento 2 | $89
- Tigren Magento 2 Multi Cash On Delivery (COD) | Free
Check more details at: Explore Top 10 Magento 2 Cash On Delivery Extensions 2019 | Free & Premium
If you need Cash On Delivery for multi vendor marketplace, you can refer this plugin Magento 2 Multi Vendor COD Cash On Delivery.
- Best Guide To Use Magento 2 Sales Rep Extension | Sales Dealers 2019
- How To Create A Gift Card & Configure Gift Card In Magento 2 Default
- How To Use Advanced Magento 2 Product Reviews Extension 2019
- How to create a new seller in Magento 2 Multi-vendor Marketplace Extension
- HOW TO USE MAGENTO 2 PRODUCT ATTACHMENTS EXTENSION
- A To Z Tutorial: How To Use Magento 2 Recommended Products Extension
Other Magento 2 Extensions You May Prefer
- Magento 2 Blog Extension
- Magento 2 Product Attachments
- Magento 2 Form Builder
- Magento 2 Sales Rep Extension
- Magento 2 Image Gallery Pro
- Magento 2 Page Builer Extension
- Magento 2 Customer Quotation
- Magento 2 Marketplace Extension
- Magento 2 Product Reviews Extension
- Magento 2 Store Pickup
- Magento 2 Recommended Products Extension
- Magento 2 Mega Menu Pro