Magento 2.3 is developed and launches best Magento 2.3 extensionsÂ to empower Magento stores. And 2019 will be a potential year of success to boost your website performance and satisfy any fastidious customer. There’re many powerful tools in Magento 2.3 to fuel your ecommerce website. One of advanced tools you cannot miss out is Progressive Web Apps (PWA). The number of mobile shopping customers is increasing remarkably due to the strong penetration of smartphone. Therefore, PWA Studio is launched to help you optimize mobile experience, engage more customers and convert sales. A big question is How to use Magento 2.3 PWA Studio easily and effectively?. Let’s anwser this question with us!
I. What are PWAs and Magento 2.3 PWA Studio?
PAWs or ”Progressive Web Apps” are mobile apps that load and run progessively in a web browser. It takes advantages of native mobile apps and apply to the mobile browser. A basic PAW website is outstanding with speed optimization, high security, fully responsive design, cross-browser compatibility, offline mode, mobile installation, and shareable content.
Magento 2.3 PWA Studio is a collection of advanced and modern tools enabling developers to establish complex PWAs on top of Magento 2.3 stores.
II. How Incredible Magento 2.3 PWA Studio Is!
It’s said that PWA Studio with fast app-like mobile commerce will improve SEO, drive conversion rate and website performance higher 50%. Magento 2.3 PWA Studio not only saves lots of your time & effort but also decreases certain amount of cost.
Modern Tools Provided By Magento 2 PWA Studio Project
III. Magento PWA Storefront
Because of the difference in technologies, required skillset for Magento frontend developers is more special. To create a custom storefront, PWA Studio development doesn’t require much specific Magento knowledge as Magento theme development. Also, the tools and concepts are more common in the general community of frontend developers.
IV. Tools & Libraries Required for Magento 2.3 PWA Studio
You should get used to the tools and libraries provided by Magento 2.3 PWA Studio project.
– Simple: simply & flexibly build user interfaces and choose proper solutions to the project
– Declarative: create your complex interfaces for any application state and render the UI appropriately when the state changed
– Modular: stimulate developers to build modular and UI components for coding with ease
GraphQL is an alternative using REST endpoints. It’s a specific data query language of the client and a service layer of the server. A single GraphQL endpoint can contain requests for combinations of data. While, a single GraphQL request make return only for the data needed. Hence, PWAs enhances performance by decreasing server calls number and data returned amount.
V. Basic Concepts of Magento PWA Studio
Magento 2.3 PWA Studio with advanced tools supports you to build up rapid, mobile-friendly and reliable websites. There’re some primary concepts that you should know to optimized Magento 2.3 PWA Studio tools effectively.
1. Application shell
An application shell provides the fundamental user interface structure for each PWA. App shell rendering repeats visits instantly. Also, it helps you enhance loading speed in the UI by preventing unnecessary data uage.
2. Container extensibility
A Container is an HTML element including 0 or more ContainerChild components. To create a Container, you can add a data-mod prop (literal string value) to a DOM element (div, span, etc.). On the other hand, to extend a Container, you can use the magento-loader-layout tool from the PWA Buildpack. With that tool, you can remove a container or a child component, insert content before or after a child component in a container.
3. CSS modules
How to configure Webpack with CSS modules
– importLoaders: loaders number to apply to imported resources before applying css-loader
– localIdentName: format of the genertaed local ident
[name]: the component
[local]: the CSS definition
[hash:base64:3]: a random base64 of 3 digits
– modules: enable/disable CSS modules
How to create a component with CSS modules
With locally scoped styles, you can create any component.
How to create and compose CSS modules
A valid .css file whose style definitions are scoped to specific components is a CSS module.
To combine local style definitions, you can use the composes prop in CSS module. Compose CSS modules from another file with the keyword ‘from‘.
How to import and apply styles
How to define a Subtitle component using style definition
How to assign a style by component logic
With GraphQL, you will gain predictable results from queries, single request for any results and organized data with a typed schema. Specially, GraphQL is more advantegous than REST for some points.
– No need for versioning: with GraphQL, you can add new types and fields to the schema with no impact on existing queries. Also, you can remove fields by deprecation and avoid errors from old queries.
– High performance: GraphQL is faster and more efficient than REST APIs. The types and fields are returned with one query.
A schema example with a user type, a posts field and post types.
A schema query requests the name and post titles for a specific user
The data response for the query
Some Query Samples
1. Simple query
2. Custom data query
3. Arguments in a query
4. Query connected resources
VII. Unified Progressive Web App Response Definition (UPWARD)
An UPWARD definition file describes the delivery of a web server and enpower a PWA. An UPWARD server supports you to
- get a request from the application shell
- choose the proper service/process to solve the request
- receive the consequencies from the service/process
- establish the HTTP response from the results
- return the response to the application shell
A PWA profect contains an UPWARD definition file to identify its service dependencies. UPWARD is between Magento Server and PWA.
How to implement UPWARD with Magento 2.3 PWA Studio
To use upward-js server, you need command line, server API, or middleware API.
- Command line
ThenÂ launch ”upward-js server” in the foreground.
- Server API
You should import server from @magento/upward-js in the Node script.
- Middleware API
You’ll need to use middleware from @magento/upward-js.
To get more detail for Magento 2.3 PWA Studio, you can refer the documentation.
OTHER EXTENSIONS YOU MAYBE INTERESTED IN
- Magento 2 Multi Vendor Marketplace ProÂ
- Magento 2 SMTP ExtensionÂ
- Magento 2 One Step Checkout CE ProÂ
- Magento 2 Hide PriceÂ
- Magento 2 Advanced Report
- Magento 2 Out of Stock Notification
- Magento 2 Image Gallery Pro
- Magento 2 Auction Extension
- Magento 2 Customer Quotation
- Magento 2 Marketplace Extension
- Magento 2 Marketplace Reward Point
- Magento 2 Affiliate Pro
- Magento 2 Store Pickup
- Magento 2 Mega Menu Pro
- 20+ Best Magento 2.3 Extensions for eCommerce in 2018 | Free & Premium
- 20+ Best Magento 2.3 Themes | Free & Premium
- Top 15+ Premium Magento 2.3 Bootstrap Themes Boosting Your Productivity
- 54+ Best Magento 2 Themes- Fastest and Super Responsive Templates (Magento 2.3 Updated)
- 57+ Best Free Magento 2 Extensions: Fast, Functional and Easy To Use (Magento 2.3 Updated)
- 10+ Best Magento 2 Free Themes (Magento 2.3 Updated)
- 50+ New Best Magento 2 Extensions Free & Premium | Fast & Easy To Use (Magento 2.3 Updated)