Amazingly, the Magento community has announced in publishing an update: the Magento 2.4 is officially released. This latest version came out on July 28, 2020. Let’s together explore these exciting updates and features provided in the Magento 2.4 release. In this blog, we will inform you of the features as well as the highlights in the latest Magento 2.4 version.
Links to download to the latest version of Magento 2.4 with and without sample data.
|Magento 2.4.0||Sample data|
The release of Magento 2.4 version
The Highlights of Magento 2.4 Version
Security-only patch available
Magento merchants are capable of installing the time-sensitive security fixes without applying the functional fixes and enhancements. As per the release notes, 2.3.5-p1 is the security-only patch for fixing all the vulnerabilities detected in the last quarterly release.
Substantial security enhancements
- Magento 2.4 release involves more than 30 security fixes and platform security improvements.
- Mandatory 2FA for all the Magento Admin Account.
- By default enabled the Template filter strict mode.
- By default disabled the Data rendering for UI data providers.
- Advanced Support for new security.txt file
- PHP 7.4 support introduced and PHP 7.1 and 7.2 deprecated.
- Provided support for PHPUnit 9.x and deprecation of PHPUnit 6.5
- Provided support of Elasticsearch 7.6.x.
- Provided support of MySQL 8.0.
- Eliminated MySQL catalog search engine
- Provided support of MariaDB 10.4.
- Migration of dependencies on Zend Framework
- Eliminated the core integration of the Signifyd fraud protection code
- Eliminated the core Braintree module from the code base
- Elimination of core integration of third-party payment methods
- Elimination of the Web Setup Wizard
- Composer update plugin
- Applied Seller-assisted shopping.
- Enhancements to customer data section invalidation logic
- Multiple optimizations to Redis performance
- Upgraded caching of results of SQL queries to inventory tables
This enhancement involves:
- Support query pickup locations for inventory in-store pickup functionality.
- Query categories & categoryList for getting the list of categories and in support of pagination
- Query reorder items permit the customer to reorder the previous order into the cart.
Other Major Highlights of Magento 2.4
- Capable to license stock image by Adobe Stock Integration v2.0.
- New Magento Media Gallery up to 30x faster then the previous version.
- Inventory Management enabled the in-store pickup and provides bundle product support
- PWA Studio enhancements and bug fixes.
- Updated Vendor-developed extension enhancements such as Amazon Pay, Braintree Payments, Klarna, Vertex, and Yotpo.
Checkout official Magento 2.4 release notes for the Magento Open Source 2.4.0 Release Notes and Magento Commerce 2.4.0 Release Notes.
Update Landofcoder’s extensions compatible with Magento 2.4
Magento 2 Marketplace Extension
Magento 2 Multi vendor Marketplace Extension helps to convert your eCommerce store into a completely active multi-vendor marketplace like Amazon, Etsy or eBay, etc with multiple vendors and customers conducting transactions.
Magento 2 Pro-EE Mega Menu
With this Magento 2 mega menu extension for Enterprise, admin can navigate customers to wherever they want in the shortest time, which will support to engage more shoppers to their store.
Customer Quotation for Magento 2
Magento 2 Quote extension attributes allow buyers sending a request for quotation and the quantities purchasing directly on the website. Facilitating two face interaction between sellers and buyers, the module personalizes the orders and increases customer retention, loyalty.
Magento 2 Reward Point
Magento 2 Reward Points builds an automatic point earning and spending system. It’s a comprehensive solution to enhance their customers’ loyalty.
Let’s engage shoppers, keep the old customers coming back to your store and drive even more sales.
Blog Extension for Magento 2
Magento 2 Blog Extension attracts more target audiences through quality content.
Moreover, you can also improve your marketing efforts and smoothly transfer promotion messages to your beloved customers and eventually, boost the sale of your website and earn more benefits.
Magento 2 Page Builder
Magento 2 page builder extension supports you to create and manage your website without knowing and writing a line of code. Just by carrying out some simple actions, you will have a website that meets the demand for beauty, creativity, harmony, and professionalism.
Magento 2 Mega Menu Pro
Magento 2 Mega Menu Pro supports you reorganize the entire list of products in a neat and spectacular way by creating dynamic navigation menus with no code required. The products on your Magento store can be arranged into a particular category that makes it easier for the customers to navigate.
Form Builder for Magento 2
Magento 2 Form Builder with drag n drop & visual interface lets you build any multiple forms in minutes. Create multiple website forms quickly and effectively to gather customers’ information. No specialised knowledge or coding experience required.
FAQ Extension for Magento 2
With the help of our Magento 2 FAQ, you can create an FAQ page of your own to suit any of your business goals.
This module helps to create an informative and even SEO-friendly FAQ page to address common questions for the customers.
Brand Extension for Magento 2
Create and show flexible professional brand carousel, most inspirational brand pages with our magento 2 brand extension
Mega Menu Extension for Magento 2
Magento 2 Mega Menu extension supports you reorganize the entire list of products in a neat and spectacular way by creating dynamic navigation menus with no code required.
In this magento 2 mega menu free extension, we offer various fruitful features to let customers find all desired products at the first sight.
That’s all information about the Magento 2.4 release note. We hope this blog will help you know more about the latest one. Let’s try out the new version on each extension and leave your point of view in the comment section below.
We will update more great news. Stay Updated and Stay Tune!