Magento has long been well-known for the endless possibilities it brings to the users, and Magento development team, acknowledged this, are trying their best to provide even more in-time updates and trendy features to the platform. For that reason, the most recent version under the name of Magento 2.3.4 are about to be launched in January 2020, hoping to satisfy the populous amount of Magento users even further.
According to the release note, this update of Magento will include substantial changes in the platform, in security as well as in PSD2 – compliant core payment methods. In particular, the latest release of Magento 2.3.4 comprises more than 220 functional fixes to the core product and more than 30 security enhancements. Moreover, these helpful fixes are present all thanks to the contribution of more than 275 active community members.
The alterations in Magento 2.3.4 can be devided into these major categories:
Table of Contents
1. Security improvements in Magento 2.3.4
In this release, more than 30 security improvements comprising issues regarding to cross-site scripting (XSS) and remove code execution (RCE) are mentioned.
- Magento confirms that no attack attempt by hackers related to these 2 issues are made; however, they still identify possible vulnerabilities and make necessary upgrade.
- Magento also advises users to take essential security protection on their administrative control, which are IP wishlisting, two-factor authentication, good password hygiene, VPN usage of usage of unique location instead of admin.
Some fixes to core code are also made to Magento 2.3.4
- Removal of custom layout and disapproval of layout to remove the opportunity for RCE: The Custom Layout Update field on CMS Page Edit, Category Edit, and Product Edit pages has now been converted to a selector. You must create a physical file that contains the layout updates and select it in order to be able to use it.
- The content template is redesigned in order that only whitelisted variables can be added to templates.
2. Platform enhancements
In terms of platform updates, there’re 4 main changes that were made. They can be listed as below:
- Enhancements to the message queue framework: Magento now supports the latest release of RabbitMQ v3.8. For anyone who doesn’t quite grasp what this is, it is a kind of third-party technology that belongs to Magento message queue framework.
- Improvement in page caching and session storage: This release support for the latest update of Redis v5.0.6.
- Improvements in the support for MariaDB 10.2: Back then, whenever an user tries to use declarative schema with MariaDB 10.2, Magento will display an error that say the schema was not up-to-date. However, with Magento 2.3.4, the system can now support the use of declarative schema with both MySQL and MariaDB.
- The core integration of the Authorize.net payment method has been disallowed on Magento 2.3.4
Magento 2.3.4 includes these facilitate GraphQL features such as search, layered navigation and cart functionality. The main alterations include:
- The mergence of guest carts and customer carts
- A customer can now make an order on one device and complete it on another: Customer can get cart ID for registered customer via customer cart query.
- Layered navigation can use custom filters: You can now use layered navigation on your website to filter the attributes you want to see.
- You can search categories by ID, name, and/or URL key.
- The Product Interface now are altered to support fixed product taxes (such as WEEE). Use the storeConfig query to find out if your store supports these taxes.
- The enhanced cart can be used to promote and to apply discounts at the line and cart levels.
See Release notes for a more detailed discussion of recent GraphQL bug fixes.
4. Inventory management
Improvements in inventory managements consists of these listed upgrades:
- An defined issues regarding shopping cart has been solved in this release of Magento 2.3.4, along with the unexpectedly high loads on database server.
- Inventory Reservations CLI command has been upgraded to cut down on memory usage. This fix is especially helpful in finding and in compensating for missing reservations on large catalogs.
- All problems involving credit memos, grouped products, source and stock mass actions are addressed in this release.
More detailed updates on Inventory Managements can be found in the Inventory Management Release Notes.
5. Improvements in performance
The results to the overall performance of Magento 2.3.4 will be clearly visible to store vendors and customers who come to buy products on Magento thanks to:
- The removal of non-cached request on catalog pages has been made possible by the improvement of the banner cache logic and the refactoring of the customer section invalidation mechanism.
- Disable the default Report’s statistic collecting function: A new configuration setting (System Configuration > General > Reports > General Options) allows merchants to disable Magento Reports completely or just partly.
6. Enhancements in infrastructure
Magento 2.3.4 has made improvements to more than 250 features of the core quality, including the quality of the Framework as well as catalog, sales, PayPal, Elasticsearch, CMS and finally import.
7. Enhancements in merchant tools
Magento 2.3.4 is now integrated with Adobe Stock image galleries: This change in merchant tools upgrade will enable the Magento store owners to add high-quality images and videos to their website without having to abandon Magento admin. Moreover, Magento merchants can make use of the tools in Magento Media Gallery to explore, preview, or deploy stock images on the website.
We have conclude and draw out for you the major fixes that were made to Magento 2.3.4 to further facilitate merchants and customers in their shopping experience. However, in addition to these major changes and updates, Magento 2.3.4 also includes much more alterations in terms of cart and checkout, bundle products, installation, upgrade and deployments, etc that you can see for more details in the Magento 2.3.4 release note.
- Download Magento 2
- Top 8+ Magento SEO Tips and Tricks For Sale Boosting 2020
- Top 5 Magento Extensions That Will Reign in 2020
- 7 Reasons To Choose Magento To Develop An Online Store
Some Magento 2 extensions you might be interested in